Terms & Conditions
This Baked Tiles website is operated under license by the Company Edit Home & Design Ltd. Our registered office is 512B Mumbles Road, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4BU. Registered in England and Wales No. 10987979. Our VAT registration number is 287732461.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system, or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
This site, including the content and information provided within, is governed by the laws of England & Wales.
The Company' and 'Seller' means Edit Home & Design Ltd.
'Buyer' and 'Customer' means the person who accepts a quotation from the Seller, for the sale of the Goods or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller.
'Goods' means the Tiles and other products which the Buyer agrees to purchase from the Seller.
'Stock Items' are products that are in stock.
'Non-Stock items' or 'Special Order Item' are products that are classified on our Web site as non-standard items or those that are Out of Stock. We cannot offer refunds or exchanges on special order items once they have left the manufacturer and are in transit to our warehouse. Tiles which are a special order item will be stated on our website. If you are unsure if the tiles you have ordered are a special order item, please call to us to check.
'Order' and 'Contract' means the Order or Contract for the sale and purchase of the Goods between the Buyer and the Seller.
'Price' means the price for the Goods excluding where applicable, carriage, packaging, insurance and Value Added Tax.
'In writing' means a communication by postal letter, email, facsimile and any comparable means of communication.
The headings in these Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
General/ Online Trade
- The Company have produced the website to service our Mainland United Kingdom Customers. If you are located overseas, please contact our Customer Services Team on +44 (0)1792 439239 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- The Company may revise and update these Terms & Conditions, at any time and without prior notification.
- Trade accounts are made available by the Company to Individual Companies and Tradespersons who meet and can satisfy the online application process. The Company reserve the sole right, to establish the suitability and control the issuing of Trade applications.
- The Company reserve the sole right to determine and agree any discounts that become applicable to a Trade account. Under no circumstances will a Trade account Customer be given preferential Credit facilities. All payments will be taken directly through the website / telephone at the point of ordering. We are able to price match / beat any comparable products if a written quote is sent to email@example.com (down to our discretion whether we can beat or match it).
- The Company make full size sample tiles available (and promotional cut size samples) with a small charge delivery, therefore, a restriction is in place regarding the number of sample tiles a Customer may order of one style/type/colour. We always recommend ordering tile samples prior to purchasing to see their true beauty, finish and texture. All our tiles have the option to order a sample online, choose a full tile or up to 5 free of charge cut samples.( subject to a delivery charge) The samples are generally 10cm, however this can vary.
Place your sample order with us and we'll refund the cost of your samples, or the delivery charge for cut samples. This makes samples effectively free! Find your unique one-time use sample refund code delivered with your samples. Only one sample refund code can be used per full order. The value of the full order needs to exceed the stated value.
- The Companies catalogues, price list, website and other advertising material shall not form any part of any contract between the Buyer and the Company.
- Any information or description of the goods appearing in the Sellers catalogues, brochures and other publications is believed to be correct and current, but is not warranted by the Seller, in so far as any such publication has been compiled from information supplied to the Seller, either by the manufacturer or supplier of the goods. The Seller accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any such information or description.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing all prices quoted are exclusive of VAT. Quotations are valid for 30 Days from date of issue.
- Whilst we try to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible to give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If the Company take the action to cancel the order, for standard stock items and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- Prices are subject to alteration without prior notification and shall not be binding on the Seller.
- Each Contract between the Seller and the Buyer will consist of the Order, the Terms and Conditions and such other specific terms as the two parties shall agree in writing.
- The Company accepts most major Credit & Debit Card payments via our on-line website. These payments are Credit checked and final payment authorisation given, via appointed and accredited 3rd Party Credit Agencies (e.g. Sage Pay, PayPal). The Company cannot take any responsibility for the non-authorisation of online payments howsoever caused or for any subsequent delay in delivery, when authorisation is queried or additional Credit checking processes are involved.
- Credit Checking routines require that the Debit or Credit Card used, is registered to the appropriate person (Buyer). Should the credit authorisation fail, the Company reserve the sole right to employ additional Credit checking measures in order to confirm or qualify the authenticity of the Buyer. The Company cannot accept any liability for any delay, or cost incurred by the Buyer as a result of a delay in the Credit authorisation process.
- If Payments are declined or queried by the appointed and accredited 3rd Party Credit checking agency, the Company reserve the sole right to employ additional Credit checking measures in order to confirm or qualify the authenticity of the Buyer. The Company cannot accept any liability for any delay, or cost incurred by the Buyer as a result of a delay in the Credit authorisation process.
- In the event that the express Terms of a contract are in conflict with any Conditions, the Conditions shall prevail.
- As the number of tiles per square yard and square metre is nominal, the Buyer will be responsible for ensuring sufficient quantity of tiles are ordered.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between the Buyer and the Company will take place upon the dispatch to the Buyer of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we will not accept your order, or you have cancelled it.
- Orders are accepted and promises for delivery given, conditionally upon our being able to secure the necessary material and /or goods and without responsibility for delays arising through risks and uncertainties of manufacture, strike, accidents, or other causes beyond our direct control.
Please note that whilst The Baked Tile Company will dispatch orders to meet the delivery date agreed we can’t be held responsible for any delays as a result of third party hauliers, due to market conditions and unforeseen circumstances.
- Payment for the goods shall in itself constitute an acceptance of and agreement to these general Terms & Conditions.
- The Company reserves the right not to supply the Buyer at the Companies sole discretion.
- The supply of goods does not mean that they are suitable for a specific installation. The Company can only be held responsible for any failure against products supplied, to the extent that the manufacturer of such products is prepared to guarantee the same. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing. All tiles are susceptible to impact damage and this is unrelated to the wearing grade. Tiles can wear and must be protected against grit, movement of appliances and items being dropped on the surface. No tiles are guaranteed against chipping or misuse.
- Some variations in size, shape, manufacturing tolerance, shading and pattern are inherent in the manufacture of tiles and therefore the Seller accepts no liability. Tile names, images and sizes displayed are nominal and only represent a guide to the actual style, colour and size of a tile. Variations in texture, shade and size can occur from that which is advertised. Individual monitor setting can also exaggerate the appearance of a colour. The Company recommends that a sample is purchased prior to the main order. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that tiles are of an acceptable shade and size, and satisfactory for their situation.
- It is the responsibility of the Tiler or Tradesperson to use where possible, goods from a variety of separate boxes to ensure that any batch, colour, shading and quality variances are minimized (in particular tiles with great shade variations should be spaced with consideration.)
- Any fault, quality or shading issue with the tiles supplied will remain the responsibility of the manufacturer. The Company will accept no responsibility for further or subsequent loss or expense, if the tiles are faulty, or not to the acceptance of the Buyer. Any such issues will be passed to the manufacturers, whereby any claims will become solely the manufacturer’s liability, disclaimers or notes printed on boxes or packaging will become the responsibility of the Buyer to read and accept, prior to use or fixing.
- Any claim by the Buyer, which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods, or their failure to correspond with specification, shall (whether or not the delivery is refused, by the Buyer) be expected to notify the Seller in writing, within 2 working days, from delivery. If delivery is refused and the Buyer does not notify the Seller accordingly, the Seller shall have no liability for such defect or failure and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the Contract.
- Each tile should be carefully examined individually before fixing. Fixing of the tiles constitutes acceptance of their quality. Baked Tiles accepts no liability for faulty installation work, or the quality or correctness of the tiles once fixed. As far as the law permits, liability is limited to replacement of faulty items or a refund of their cost and excludes any consequential loss, including the cost of removal and re-fixing.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
- The Company cannot, under any circumstances accept any financial demands from the Buyer for late delivery, incorrect supply of goods, or incorrect delivery. The Company respectfully recommends that the Buyer does not book a Tiler or Tradesman, until the goods have been delivered to the desired location, signed for and quality checked. The risk in relation to the goods passes to the Buyer at the point of physical delivery, at the time of delivery.
- Time shall not be of the essence. The Company shall not be liable to the buyer, or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or if any failure to perform, was due to any cause beyond the Companies reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded, although not exclusively, as causes beyond the Companies control; Act of God, Explosion, Flood, Tempest, Adverse Weather conditions, Fire or Accident, Traffic delays/Road works, War or threat of War, Sabotage, Civil Unrest, Import / Export regulations and embargoes, Fuel availability, Strikes, Industrial action, Raw material availability, Power failure or disruptions and breakdowns in vehicles or machinery.
- The Company offer a wide range of standard and special delivery services in conjunction with our own transport and third party contractors. Due to Health & Safety / Insurance reasons we are only able to offer a Kerbside Delivery Service* - we cannot commit that Drivers will enter a Customers property. Whilst every effort will be made to deliver goods in line with the desired, requested or committed service, the Company do not accept responsibility for any delay, cost, or consequential loss, how so ever caused for a failed or late delivery. Please note that our general Delivery Service and those of our delivery Partners may involve deliveries being completed between the hours of 7am to 6pm
*Kerbside Delivery Service : Whilst every effort will be made to deliver your product to the nearest available delivery point, hazards or obstructions e.g. steps, lifts, uneven or gravel paths / driveways may necessitate the delivery being made to an alternative location nearest to the delivery vehicle. Please note pallets come as part of the packaging and will not be removed by the driver.
- The Company reserve the right to utilise a variety of transportation services to deliver the goods. Every effort will be made to deliver to the desired and requested point of delivery. However, in circumstances where it is not practical or possible to complete the delivery in this manner, the delivery will be made to an alternative location, appointed and notified to the Company by the Customer, in advance, or to the nearest available location adjacent to the point of delivery.
- For the purpose of general appreciation / association, the vehicle making the delivery is likely in most cases, to be the comparative size of a Fire Engine, or slightly larger. It is the Buyers responsibility to notify the Company of any circumstances that may affect the delivery of goods using a vehicle of this size. i.e. Parking restrictions, “Red Routes”, Vehicular access due to height or width, Narrow roads, Road works, Gravel or uneven driveways, Building sites, High rise apartments (with or without lifts) etc. Failure to communicate relevant information to the Company prior to delivery may result in additional costs for the re-supply being incurred by the Buyer and may also increase the re-delivery lead time.
- If, due to prior notification from the Buyer, that a smaller vehicle or specialist vehicle is required to complete the delivery, the Company reserve the right to charge the Buyer for the additional costs involved.
- It is the Companies expectation that the Buyer or the Buyers representative, will be available to sign for the goods at the point of delivery. If goods are delivered without a signature the responsibility for checking the goods is that of the Buyer. If, for whatever reason, the delivery cannot be made due to the Buyer or the Buyers representative not being present or available on the agreed delivery date, the Company reserves the right to pass any re-delivery costs incurred to the Buyer, before a further delivery can be attempted. Please Note: Due to Insurance and Health & Safety regulations, neither Baked Tiles staff, nor the representatives of our Delivery Companies are able to take any goods into a Customers property.
- Before fixing, the Buyer should ensure that they are satisfied that the goods supplied, are correct to the original order. All items should be thoroughly unpacked and inspected as soon as possible. Should you have any queries or questions at this stage, relating to the supply, damage, shading or any other fault, please contact our Customer Service Team on 01792 439239. If for any reason the Company deliver a part order with a balance to follow, we strongly recommend that no tiles are fixed until the order is complete. The Company has no control over manufacturers delivery times, shades, nominal sizing or the discontinuance of stocked lines.
- The Company must be notified by email or in writing, within a maximum of 2 working days from delivery relating to any claims by the Buyer relating to any shortage or damage to goods in transit. Failure to communicate problems may result in additional costs for re-supply being incurred and may also increase the re-delivery lead time. Upon any damages being reported we may request the Buyer to supply images of the damage along with a completed claims form. The Company is unable to alter existing invoices, including changes to (although not exclusively) values, items and billing/delivery addresses.
- If the Buyer cancels the order after despatch, but before physical delivery, the Buyer will be expected to accept delivery of the goods and take responsibility for the return of the goods to the Company at their own cost. Returns will be subject to a restocking charge of 25%. A refund will be issued for the Goods only and will not be refunded the original Delivery charge once the goods have been received in full boxes and inspected by the Company, as being in a resalable condition. The Company will not accept under any circumstances the cost for delivering, or re-packaging of the goods.
Please note if your tiles are not in stock and we ship them to fulfil your specific order, the order cannot be cancelled once it has left the factory and is in transit to us.
- The Buyer can within 7( seven) working days of receipt, cancel their order. Cancellations should be made either in writing, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone, to our Customer Services Team : +44 (0) 1792 439239. The Customer does not need to give a reason, however, a brief outlined explanation will help us to improve our Customer Service in the future. If the Customer decides to cancel the order a 25% re-stocking charge will be applicable. The delivery charge is non-refundable.. If the order is cancelled, the goods must be returned to the Company. The cost for returning the goods is the responsibility of the Buyer. However, if the Customer returns the goods themselves to the Company, the Company, will not reimburse the cost of returning the goods.
- The goods must arrive in a resalable condition, therefore the Buyer, before returning the goods must ensure that the packaging is suitable for the safe return of the product. The cost for any additional packaging will be the responsibility of the Buyer.
- If the original packaging has been opened or is deemed by the Buyer to require improvement, to allow the safe return of the goods, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to complete a re-packing exercise, at their cost. The Company will not accept any costs for the re-packing of goods, in any circumstances.
- Refunds for cancellations will only be processed once the goods have arrived with the Company and have been fully inspected and deemed to be in a resalable condition. The Company reserve the right to amend the amount refunded based on the value of the resalable goods.
- Refunds will be processed as a priority, however, dependent upon circumstances, the administration may take up to 5 working days to complete. The maximum time period to refund any monies will not exceed 60 Days from the receipt of goods. Additionally, please note, any monies paid back to Credit / Debit cards may take a further 3-5 days to show on Customers statements. - However, it may be possible to improve on these timings by contacting your Bank / Card account company.
- After 7 (seven) working days from delivery, f the Buyer wishes to cancel the order, this action will be considered to be a 'Return' and be covered by our Returns Policy - see below.
- Damages / Incorrect Delivery - If you receive damaged or incorrect tiles you will need to inform us within 2 working days of delivery. We will either refund you or send replacements as quickly as possible.
- Surplus - We will refund any tiles in their original boxes within 30 days of the date of delivery. Returns will be subject to a restocking charge of 25%.The customer will be responsible for arranging the return of the goods to our main distribution warehouse: Baked Tiles, C/O Edit Home & Design in Store It Wales, Ashford House, Abergelly Road, Swansea West Industrial Estate, Fforestfach, Swansea, SA5 4DY. The goods must arrive in a resalable condition, therefore the Buyer, before returning the goods must ensure that the packaging is suitable for the safe return of the product. The cost for any additional packaging will be the responsibility of the Buyer. The refund will be processed within 5 working days following our receipt of the return.
- Change of Choice - The customer will have the right to return goods if they are not happy with their selection. The goods must be returned in the original packaging to our main distribution warehouse: Baked Tiles, Baked Tiles, C/O Edit Home & Design in Store It Wales, Ashford House, Abergelly Road, Swansea West Industrial Estate, Fforestfach, Swansea, SA5 4DY, and the customer will be responsible for arranging transport and insurance of goods. This must be done within 30 days of receiving the order. Returns will be subject to a restocking charge of 25%.. Refunds will be processed within 5 working days following our receipt of the return, original delivery costs will not be refunded. Please note - Due to shading variation caused by stock turnover, Sample tiles are exempt from our returns policy and are strictly non-refundable. Please ensure your unwanted tiles are returned: Unused; All purchased tiles from Baked Tiles have not been used, uninstalled; All tiles have not been previously installed or fixed. In good condition; All tiles are in a good condition, suitable for resale. In the original packaging; All tiles are in their original tile packaging.
The tiles must be returned in the original packaging to our main distribution warehouse, the customer will be responsible for arranging the return of the goods (non-refundable) to: Baked Tiles, 512B Mumbles Road, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4BU and the customer will be responsible for arranging transport and insurance of goods. Unfortunately, we do not accept exchanges on adhesives, grouts or clearance/job lot only tiles. Exchanges will be processed within 7 working days following our receipt of the return, original delivery costs will not be refunded.
- Please be aware clearance and job lot items are one-off end of the line or discontinued products - we do not offer a Returns or Exchange policy on these items.
- The European Union Online Dispute Resolution platform (the ODR Platform) is available for use by consumers and traders. Managed by the European Commission the website is dedicated to helping consumers and traders resolve any disputes. All businesses trading online must provide a link to the ODR Platform on their website.
Special Order Item
Checks Prior to Fixing
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER AND THEIR TILE FIXER TO ENSURE THAT THE GOODS ORDERED, ARE SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND SUITABLE FOR THE PURPOSE REQUIRED. INCLUDING COLOUR, SHADE, AND GAUGE. NO CLAIMS CAN BE ACCEPTED ONCE THE MATERIALS ARE USED. GOODS ARE SUPPLIED ON THE STRICT UNDERSTANDING THAT BRITISH STANDARDS RELATING TO TILE FIXING ARE FOLLOWED.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data. If you make an enquiry by email (or phone) via our website or request information about our products and other services, you will need to give to us personal information such as your name, email address, business or home address and telephone number. We will use this information to answer your enquiry or to send you the requested information or literature required.
Customers should be aware that calls to all of our main telephone numbers, may be recorded. This electronic data is stored securely and will only be accessed for specific purposes and/or in special circumstances. Examples of likely reasons for access, (although not exhaustive) are:
The identification of fact, for quality and training purposes, to prevent or detect crime, to assess compliance with regulatory practices (e.g. F.S.A. controls), or procedures applicable to the business to investigate, or detect unauthorised use of the communications system.
When taking payment from Customers who use Credit / Debit Cards – no information relative to the payment card information will be retained. The Company have secure procedures in place, which are closely monitored to ensure that no sensitive information is recorded or accessed.
Baked Tiles hosts various competitions and giveaways throughout the year. By submitting imagery of your tiling project to us, you're giving us permission to use the images on our website, blog, on our social media channels, in our email newsletters, and in any printed media.
There are some changes in data protection law, so we wanted you to know that we’ve updated our Privacy Notice to comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) laws.
Your trust is important to us, and we want to make sure you understand what these changes mean for you.
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data Baked Tiles may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Baked Tiles uses your data; for example, we will explain things such as our credit checking procedure, and how we combine data to build a picture of you and provide an enhanced online experience.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
Explaining the legal bases we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive our email newsletters. When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests. For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers. We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand or develop new products/services. We may also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
When do we collect your personal data?
When you visit any of our websites, and use your account to buy products and services, on the phone, in a shop or online.
When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (we just collect transaction-based data).
When you create an account with us.
When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
When you engage with us on social media.
When you download help, advice or inspirations material from us (for example eBooks)
When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints, questions etc.
When you enter prize draws or competitions.
When you book any kind of appointment with us, for example a project consultation in store.
When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
When you comment on or review our products and services.
Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the Partner who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in store, a partner may collect your personal data.
When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
We collect data from publicly-available sources when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
When you use our car parks and stores which usually have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and employees. These systems may record your image during your visit.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
If you have an online account with us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and invoices, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
Details of your interactions with us through contact centre, in store or online. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket and wish list choices, voucher redemptions, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
Details of your visits to our websites, and which site you came from to ours.
Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest. For example, you might tell us your room colour preference which we’ll use to guide our suggested products. Or you might share information on your favourite interior trends which allows us to recommend appropriate products. We’ll only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest and to tailor your shopping experience with us. Of course, it’s always your choice whether you share such details with us.
Payment card information.
Your comments and product reviews.
Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit a store or car park.
Your car number plate may be recorded at some of our car parks to manage parking restrictions.
To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience when shopping for tiles. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
If you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for. For example, if you’ve asked us to let you know when an item comes back into stock, we can’t do that if you’ve withdrawn your general consent to receive emails from us. Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
To process any orders that you make by using our websites, over the phone or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, exchanges and/or guarantees. To respond to your queries, refund requests and/or complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest. With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
To display the most interesting content to you on our websites, we’ll use data we hold about your tile preferences or products. We do so on the basis of our website to placing cookies or similar technology on your device. For example, we might display a list of items you’ve recently looked at or offer you recommendations based on your purchase history and any other data you’ve shared with us. To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
For example, we’ll record your browser’s Session ID to help us understand more when you leave us online feedback about any problems you’re possibly having. To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law. To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by unsubscribing via a link or contacting us.
To build a better picture of who you are and what you like, and to inform our business decisions, we’ll combine data captured, third parties and data from publicly-available lists as we have described in the section 'What Sort of Personal Data do we collect?' We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. For example, by combining this data, this will help us personalise your experience and decide which inspiration or content to share with you. We also use anonymised data from customer purchase histories to identify trends in different areas of the country. This may then guide which products we display in particular stores.
Combining your data for personalised marketing
We want to bring you offers and promotions that are most relevant to your interests at particular times. To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we combine your personal data as described above, for example your shopping history and/or trends you've told us you like. For this purpose, we also combine the data that we collect directly from you with data that we obtain from third parties. We do not share your personal data with any third parties for their marketing purposes.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is secured and tokenised to ensure it is protected via our secure payment gateways SagePay, PayPal.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
How long will we keep you personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning. Examples of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for 7 years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
Refunds or Exchanges
If your order included a refund, exchange or warranty period, the associated personal data will be kept until the end of the relevant period.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, delivery couriers, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you. Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
IT companies who support our website and other business systems. Operational companies such as delivery couriers. Marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you. For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration. To help personalise your journey through our website we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:
HubSpot, Trustpilot, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Affiliate Window, Yahoo, Bing, Magento, Rackspace, SagePay, Sage, PayPal.
What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Baked Tiles, 512B Mumbles Road, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4BU, or email email@example.com. To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account, or contact our Customer Services team. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular area.
Write to us, Baked Tiles, 512B Mumbles Road, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4BU or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
If you live outside the UK
For all non-UK customers
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
Sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods or services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK.
By dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes.
This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence and could include storage of your personal data on servers in the UK.
We’ll ensure that reasonable steps are taken to prevent third parties outside your country of residence using your personal data in any way that’s not set out in this Privacy Notice. We’ll also make sure we adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us and we will be pleased to help you:
Email us at email@example.com
Or write to us at Baked Tiles, 512B Mumbles Road, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4BU.
Top of Form
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
To order products on bakedtiles.co.uk, you ideally need to have cookies enabled. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled.
Restricting or blocking cookies used on Baked Tiles may impact the functionality or performance of the website or prevent you from using certain services provided through Baked Tiles. It will also affect our ability to update Baked Tiles to remember user preferences and improve performance. For more information about cookies we recommend visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. For further details about controlling and deleting cookies we recommend www.aboutcookies.org.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes - in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. Related to Sign up and registration process, helps us remember choices you may have made on a previous visit (functional cookies).
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on www.bakedtiles.co.uk, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from www.bakedtiles.co.uk, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Third Party Cookies
When you visit bakedtiles.co.uk you may notice some cookies that aren't related to Baked Tiles. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If you'd like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website
Please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites.
If cookies aren't enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited; you may not be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
HOW TO CHECK COOKIES ARE ENABLED ON Apple iOS SAFARI
Tap on the 'Settings' application from your home screen.
Find and tap on the 'Safari' menu item.
Under the 'Privacy & Security' section tap on the 'Block cookies' menu item.
Select any option other than 'Always block'.
HOW TO CHECK COOKIES ARE ENABLED ON ANDROID/Chrome INTERNET BROWSERS
Tap on the 'Settings' application from your home screen or under 'Apps'.
Under the 'Device' section tap on the 'Applications' menu item.
Find and tap the 'Internet' menu item.
Find and tap the 'Privacy' menu item. Enable 'Accept cookies'.
For details on all other browsers please visit the 'Help' menu
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on bakedtiles.co.uk, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Baked Tiles, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for:
Related to Login and remembering shopping basket contents, essential for services and features throughout the site (strictly necessary / technical cookies).
Related to site optimisation and testing, these provide us with anonymous information about how the site is used (performance cookies).
Related to Google Analytics, these again allow us to anonymously track site usage but means you cannot be identify personally. (statistical cookies)
Trusted third party affiliates and targeting, these help improve the user experience by providing more relevant search, display and video ads (ad serving targeting cookies).